PennDOT Services will not be available due to maintenance
Pennsylvania (WHTM) — PennDOT announced that Verizon’s network maintenance will affect operations of the National Highway Traffic Safety Agency’s (NHTSA) Problem Driver Indicator System (PDPS), making several driver licensing services unavailable Saturday, March 18.
Maintenance will end at 12 noon and services will resume at 12:01 noon
This network maintenance has been rescheduled by Verzion from a previously postponed scheduled time ofebruary 25th.
The following driver’s license transactions will not be available at PennDOT Driver License Centers and PennDOT’s Riverfront Office Center in Harrisburg on Saturday, March 18 from opening until approximately 12:01 p.m.:
- initial issuance, renewal, and duplicate commercial and non-commercial driver’s license transactions;
- Initial issuance of a driver’s license for out-of-state transfers;
- Initial Learner’s Permit or Repeat Learner’s Permit, and Commercial Learner’s Permit Transactions; And
- Any other transaction resulting in the issuance of a driver’s license.
The road test will still be available as scheduled, but PennDOT will not be able to issue a driver’s license immediately upon completion. PennDOT will arrange to return to processing with those individuals who have successfully completed their skills test.
While most online services will not be affected, the following services will also not be available on Saturdays from approximately 12:01 a.m. to 12:01 p.m.:
- renewal or duplication of the real identity; And
- A duplicate of the non-commercial driver’s license of the non-real ID.