Naija News, Nigerian News and NewsOnline Summary Today 25th November 2022 can be accessed below.
Newsonline has aggregated Nigerian News, Headlines, Naija News and NewsOnline from all Nigerian Newspapers for Todayriday 25th November 2022.
See Nigeria News Headlines, Naija News, NewsOnline Summary Today,riday 25th November 2022 below:
1. Three policemen on guard duty Thursday were shot dead in the Rumukuru axis of the Obio/Akbor Local Government Area of Rivers State. After the two officers were killed, the gunmen reportedly kidnapped the general manager of an oil and gas company in Port Harcourt, the state capital.
2. The Labor Party (LP), Ogun state branch, yesterday demanded the immediate dissolution of the party’s Presidential Campaign Council due to the dominance of the party’s leaders of southern origin. The party also approved a vote of no confidence in the head of the National Party, Julius Aburi.
3. The Court of Appeals sitting in Yola, the capital of Adamawa State, declared Senator Aishattu Dahiru Banani a candidate of the All Progressives Council (APC) for Governor of Adamawa State. The court headed by Justice Tani Yusuf Hasan overturned theederal Supreme Court ruling that nullified the primary elections for the position of governor and declared that the GPC had no candidate for the 2023 gubernatorial elections.
4.ormer President Olusegun Obasanjo on Thursday challenged Nigerian youth to take part in activities that will change the African narrative. Obasanjo said such participation will also ensure a better future for the younger generation as it will not allow those who spoil their future to succeed.
5. Aederal High Court in Lagos on Thursday halted the establishment of the proposed national carrier – Nigeria Air, by theederal Government. Judge Ambrose Luis Alagoa rearranged the federal government and local airlines to maintain the status quo in their airline creation lawsuit.
6. Presidential candidate for the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, yesterday asked residents of the Southeast to vote, promising that his administration would address the issues fueling unrest in the region. He spoke at Pa Ngele Oruta Township Stadium, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, when he led members of his campaign team to officially announce the APC campaign in the state.
7- Yesterday, theederal Government announced the re-introduction of history as an independent subject in the basic education system in Nigeria, 13 years after its abolition. At least 3,700 teachers were shortlisted for the first round of training to improve the teaching of this subject.
8.ollowing the appointment of 30 new permanent secretaries by the Governor of Osun State, Adegbwega Oitola on Thursday, the elected Governor of the State, Ademola Adeleke yesterday pledged to dismiss the appointed civil servants.
9. The Governor of Anambra State, Professor Charles Solodo, has denied reports that he raised $28 million to extort the Labor Party’s presidential candidate, Peter Obi. This was disclosed by the Governor’s press secretary, Christian Aburim, in a statement, describing the report as a difficult act by those who want to distract the Governor.
10 – A 10-year-old Togolese girl was killed by armed robbers for watching an operation in Ota, in the Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State. It was found that a friend of the victim’s mother had sent her to get the coal from her home located in Kilani Street, Iyana Isi district of Ota, around 7 o’clock on Thursday morning when the accident occurred.
This is a summary of today’s headlines from the Naija news platform. Read more Nigerian news, African news, and world news on Newsonline Nigeria. See you again tomorrow.