Celebrity Interview Questions: An Effective Guide for Beginners
Journalism is an interesting career choice. It’s not just about sitting in the newsroom reading the news or covering events around the world. The press has a touch of sparkle too. Haven’t you watched many famous journalists give interviews to your favorite celebrities?
Interviewing a celebrity of a certain stature becomes the core of any magazine, tabloid, and entertainment blog. It sells monthly subscriptions and ad space and becomes the center of discussions on many social media platforms as well. After all, fans love to know the inner details of the life of their favorite celebrities.
People are very fascinated by celebrities, and their interviews sell like hot cakes all over the world. If you are an entertainment media journalist and have been given a golden opportunity to interview a celebrity, then let yourself be lucky.
But it is not him. With this great opportunity also comes a lot of stress, especially when you don’t know how to write your interview script. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
How do you interview a celebrity?
Getting a celebrity to take the time to talk to you requires being on the lookout. It also helps if you know what projects they are involved in, are currently excited about and are promoting. It gives you many ideas of what you should ask them in their interview.
Easier said than done, we have listed some questions that you can ask while interviewing any famous person.
Ask about their current project
One of the most common reasons why a famous person would love to be interviewed by any channel or program is because they want to promote their current project to the public. So make this the beginning of your interview.
They will give you all the details about their current project and motivate the audience to follow it. Alternatively, you can also ask them about the success/failure of past projects and upcoming business plans, if any.
Get up close and personal
Meeting a celebrity isn’t always about discussing their career glories. Sometimes it’s good to get up close and personal with them and discuss things beyond their careers. So why not ask about the personal lives of your favorite celebrities to get to know them better? You can put the following questions on the table.
- Do you want to share your childhood memories with fans?
- Who are you currently dating?
- Who is your best friend in and out of the industry?
- When are you planning to get married?
Have some fun with some trivia
Sitting on the couch with a celebrity and not asking them about a few trivial things doesn’t complete your interview! While some people don’t like watching such trivial details, others enjoy it. Be a party to entertain the last section of the audience and ask these trivia questions when you next interview a celebrity.
- What is the most embarrassing moment in your life?
- What would you do if you were stranded on a desert island?
- What would you aspire to become if you were not a celebrity?
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- What teases your pet?
Time for some deep conversations
Bringing up trivial details about celebrities creates a nice and friendly atmosphere while interviewing them. However, if you want to go ahead and talk about something more relevant, there are some questions you should include in the interview. Sometimes deep, meaningful conversations with celebrities create an interview to remember.
- How has your journey as a celebrity been so far?
- Who do you view as a role model in the industry?
- What is the one thing you regret doing in your career?
- What are your biggest fears?
- What is your biggest achievement?
- Where would you like to see yourself ten years from now?
- Are you happy with your professional growth, or do you want to make changes in style?
- Are you financially satisfied with your profession?
- Do you want to make any changes in the industry?
- Have you ever been told to change something about yourself?
Fans often look forward to finding out what their favorite celebrity likes and dislikes. Thus, why not dedicate a portion of your interview to discussing celebrity favorites? Here are the questions to include. This tour favorite will get everyone to meet you, we promise.
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite color?
- Who is your favorite actor/actress?
- What is your favorite vacation destination?
- What is your favorite kitchen?
- What is your favorite song?
- What are your favorite sports?
- What is your favorite outfit?
- What is your favorite brand?
message to the audience
Interviewing any famous person is not about asking questions alone. It is also about thoughts, expressions, or any message that the star wants to share with his fans. Thus, the next time you interview them, ask them if they have a message to share with the audience.
Celebrities will definitely want to connect with their fans on a personal level and convey their message in general.
Other tips while preparing to meet a celebrity
- When you ask a celebrity any personal question, always keep a fine line. Remember that your interview should be appropriate and not controversial.
- When talking about controversy, avoid any controversial or controversial question.
- It is good to be friendly with celebrities while you are interviewing them. However, being overly friendly is okay. Use formal language and avoid exaggeration.
- Whether you are interviewing a celebrity offline or online (video call), make sure you are well dressed. You have to look confident and clean, no matter what.
- Ask more open-ended questions. If there is a difference of opinion, do not think about it for too long.
- Ask what you don’t know to make the interview more interesting.
- When you are interviewing a celebrity, you are not only representing yourself but the entire audience as well. So always ask questions from the viewers and readers’ point of view.
We hope that the above tips will help you prepare well for the important day in your career. All the best. Stay in touch for more