Former US President Donald Trump has filed a defamation suit with CNN, claiming that $475 million is in punitive damages. The lawsuit, filed in the US District Court inlorida, revolves around the term “The Big Lie” about Donald’s false allegations of widespread fraud, which he says cost him the 2020 presidential election to Joe Biden. Trump claimed the cable network was waging a “slander campaign” against him.
Obscene, false and defamatory labels…
It seems that the former president of the United States did not stop living in a fallacy. or years, Donald Trump has attacked media outlets such as CNN and the New York Times, for spreading “false information” about him. Now, Donald Trump filed a defamation suit against his old rival on Monday (October 4).
In the $475 million libel suit, filed in US District Court inort Lauderdale,lorida, the plaintiff claimed that CNN was waging a “slander and libel” campaign against him because she feared Trump would join the presidential run in 2024. In One part of the 29-page complaint, it said:
CNN sought to use its enormous influence – allegedly as a “reliable” news source – to discredit the plaintiff in the minds of its viewers and readers with the intent of defeating him politically. As part of its concerted effort to tilt the political balance in favor of the left, CNN attempted to smear the plaintiff with a series of outrageous, false and ever more defamatory labels of a ‘racist’, a ‘Russian slave’, a rebel, and ultimately ‘Hitler’.
The term “big lie”?
The defamation lawsuit, with Trump calling for $475 million in punitive damages from CNN, revolves around the term “big lie,” a phrase with Nazi connotations that has been used more than 7,700 times on CNN since the beginning of 2021.
In the complaint, Trump mentioned several instances in which CNN appears to be comparing him to Hitler, for example, a January 2022 special report by hostareed Zakaria, which even included footage of Hitler comparing Donald’s actions to the German dictator.
A stunt for the 2024 presidential election?
This isn’t the first time Donald Trump has raged against CNN. During his presidency, he constantly attacked the channel for spreading lies about him. Not only that, but he has filed similar lawsuits against major tech companies, but without success.
For example, he sued Twitter to ban it in the wake of the January 6 scandal at the US Capitol, which was dismissed by a California judge earlier this year. The truth is that many federal and local election officials from both parties, former campaign chiefs, and Trump’s attorney general claim there is no “evidence” of election fraud that he still alleges.
For this lawsuit, I don’t think Trump will succeed because there is already a lot against him. But yes, for the Nazi reference, new CNN chief Chris Licht urged news workers to refrain from using the phrase because it is “too close to Democrats’ efforts to stigmatize the former president.”
On the other hand, Donald Trump has claimed that he will file similar lawsuits against other news organizations. Trump also stated that he would take “appropriate action” against the House committee investigating the January 6 attack on the Capitol by his supporters.
In my view, the lawsuit looks like another tantrum by the ex-president who still lives in a fallacy. The lawsuit was filed as Donald contemplates a possible bid for the presidency in 2024.
In an article published on 1 July, The New York Times reportedAnd the Mr. Trump has long hinted at trying the White House for the third time in a row, and has campaigned for most of the past year. He hastened his planning in recent weeks, as two investigations intensified, and his testimony before Congress revealed new details about Trump’s indifference to the January 6 threat of violence and his refusal to act to stop the rebellion.
But again, even though Mr. Trump is thinking anxiously about when to announce his candidacy for the presidency in 2024, the decision has become even more pressing as Trump continues to rebuild his image after the shocking details that emerged during the investigation into the US Capitol. riots and more.
However, no official announcement has been made yet on whether he will run for president and, if so, when he will make a bid, according to three people close to Trump who requested anonymity in order to share details of private conversations.
Now, as Trump decides to file endless lawsuits against the channels, and present his “evil deeds,” let’s take a look at some of his biggest mistakes. No kidding, historians and scholars have ranked Donald Trump as the worst president in US history. His election and his policies sparked numerous protests. Take a look at some of them:
- The 2017-2019 Special Counsel’s investigation led by Robert Mueller established that Russia interfered in the 2016 election on behalf of the Trump campaign. Not only that, Donald has made misleading and false statements during his election campaign and presidency. Many of his comments and actions have been described as racially charged or racist, many of them misogynistic.
- Trump has ordered a travel ban on citizens of several Muslim-majority countries.
- Trump diverted military funding toward building a wall on the US-Mexico border and implemented a family separation policy for arrested immigrants.
- He signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, which lowered taxes on individuals and businesses and eliminated the Affordable Care Act’s individual health insurance mandate penalty.
- In foreign policy, Trump withdrew the United States from the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement, the Paris Agreement on Climate Change, and the Iran nuclear deal, and launched a trade war with China.
- Trump met North Korean leader Kim Jong Un three times but made no progress on denuclearization.
- Trump has been denounced for his mishandling of the Covid-19 pandemic as he reacted slowly, ignored or contradicted many recommendations from health officials in his letter, and promoted misinformation about unproven treatments and the need for testing.
Last month, the US Department of Justice issued nearly 40 subpoenas to Trump associates as part of a criminal investigation into “Trump’s efforts to undermine the 2020 presidential election and turn his supporters on the US Capitol.”
The former president is under investigation over plans to form fraudulent voters to prevent Joe Biden from winning. We don’t know the fate of this lawsuit, or perhaps we do, but yes, Trump’s next target is The New York Times. what do you think?